The Vorhees Vision Scholarship was created to reward the achievements of young individuals who demonstrate a true entrepreneurial spirit in their lives as they pursue their educational goals.
This scholarship is named in honor of the late Terry L. Vorhees, Founder and first Executive Director of the Southeast Produce Council. Because of his vision and efforts, SEPC became and continues to remain one of the leading resources in the produce industry today.
Scholarship applications are due by 5 p.m. EST, Jan. 17. One $5,000 scholarship will then be awarded to the scholarship recipient who meets the following criteria:
- graduating high school seniors or college freshmen, sophomores, juniors or seniors
- children and grandchildren of any SEPC corporate member in good standing.
Selection factors include:
- GPA (minimum of 3.0)
- two letters of recommendation from high school and/or college staff, clergy, community leaders, etc.
- SAT or ACT scores
- leadership and community service involvement (10 hours completed within thepast 12 months)
- quality of essay (minimum of 1,000 words describing the most meaningful achievement in life and the results it brought)