Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue has appointed six members to serve the National Mango Board, including two new members and four returning members.
Appointees will serve three-year terms beginning Jan. 1 and ending on Dec. 31, 2022.
The newly appointed board members include:
- importer Dr. Richard J. Campbell of Homestead, Fla.
- importer James S. Watson of Edinburg, Texas
- importer Marsela McGrane-Vogel of San Pedro, Calif.
- foreign producer Ing. Eddy René Martinez Morán of Guatemala
- foreign producer Norberto Galvan Gonzalez of Chiapas, Mexico
- foreign producer Joaquin Balarezo Valdez of Piura, Peru
- McGrane-Vogel, Martinez Morán, Galvan Gonzalez and Balarezo Valdez are each returning to the board to serve a second consecutive term.
Members completing their terms on the board are Chris Ciruli of Tubac, Ariz., and Jiovani Guevara of Phoenix.
“It is with great pleasure that we announce the board member appointments for 2020,” Executive Director Manuel Michel said. “On behalf of the entire board, we congratulate and welcome the new board members. They are joining a very active organization that is engaged in supporting the mango industry during a time of dynamic change. I also want to thank the two members who will be completing six years of service on the board, Chris Ciruli and Jiovani Guevara, for their strong leadership and commitment to the NMB.”