With its 2019 convention behind it, United Fresh has announced that the United Fresh 2020 Convention & Expo will take place June 16-18 in San Diego, marking the first stop in a new four-year city cycle for the trade show.
“Chicago has been good to us,” said President & CEO Tom Stenzel. “But the time has come for us to broaden opportunities across the industry by taking the show on the road. After next year, we’ll also be moving back into our traditional late spring timetable to enhance our attendee experience.”
Future dates and locations for United Fresh Convention & Expo include:
- June 16-18, 2020; San Diego
- April 21-23, 2021; Los Angeles
- May 9-11, 2022; Boston
- April 18-20, 2023; San Diego.
United Fresh will expand on the changes launched in 2019 to build increased business value to the industry in years to come. The industry can anticipate more of the following:
- The successful Partner X-Change, a b-to-b matchmaking program where buyers and vendors came together for one-on-one meetings, engaging new retail and foodservice operators to present new products, pitch new programs and develop new relationships. “The Partner X-Change was very valuable as we met several vendors that we will be doing new business with, said Tops Director of Produce & Floral Jeff Cady.
- United Fresh Late Night, where attendees gathered off the show floor for a fun evening of networking and entertainment designed to create a shared experience for the industry.
- Enhanced opportunities for networking and discovery across the trade show floor including the EATS food court on the expo floor, Innovation Awards, FutureTEC Zone, Marketing Solutions Zone and more.
- The International Trade Center, where countries exporting or importing product can build new trade relationships.
- Further engagement of school foodservice directors through the Fresh Festival for School Foodservice and School Foodservice Forum, where relationships built at United Fresh are increasing kids’ consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Enhanced focus on Women in Produce and Retail/Foodservice Leadership.
- The 2020 convention will also mark the conclusion of the 25th year of the United Fresh Produce Industry Leadership Program, promising a major celebration with some 300 alumni and industry leaders gathering together in San Diego.
Explore these details, and plan for your participation in United Fresh 2020-2023, by visiting www.unitedfreshshow.org or contacting United Fresh’s Vice President of Convention & Industry Collaboration John Toner at (202) 303-3424 or firstname.lastname@example.org.