The National Mango Board is collaborating internationally and domestically to meet with industry members and provide mango growers, exporters, importers and handlers with the latest mango knowledge.
These collaborations will take place in meetings with the top exporting countries as well as domestic locations, where NMB staff will present marketing research and findings as well as research program developments on postharvest best management practices.
The NMB is committed to and encourages open communication throughout the mango industry. The extension workshops and outreach meetings enhance communication between the NMB staff and industry members, and showcase tools, research and resources that better support the needs of the mango industry. These meetings also provide a great opportunity for direct conversations on the NMB’s work with the industry to improve mango quality and consistency in the U.S. marketplace.
The extension workshops and outreach meetings schedule is planned as follows:
- International Mango Conference – Coral Gables, Fla. – July 12
- South Florida Growers workshop – TBD
- Morelia, Michoacán, Mexico – May 30
- Los Mochis, Sinaloa, Mexico – June 5-6
- Piura, Peru (Promango congress) – June 6-7
- Dominican Republic (ExpoMango) – June 19-22
- Guayaquil, Ecuador – July 17
- Petrolina, Brazil – Aug. 7-8
- Piura, Peru (APEM congress) – Nov. 7-8
- Puerto Vallarta, Jalisco, Mexico (EMEX A.C. congress) – Nov. 21-22
- Guatemala – (New proposed date) – January or February 2020
For more information on the industry outreach meetings and mango producer extension workshops, visit mango.org/industryrelations.